Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Sprout Mattress

It seems that every couple of years I find the need to blow my money on another mattress that doesn't work. In my quest to continually improve I'm constantly researching the latest and greatest that are out there. So first off I look for Canadian made, then flipable and hopefully something with natural products in it.

This time I thought I'd found something exciting when I came across the Sprout line from Edmonton. The people there were very friendly, helpful and it appeared to be a good product. So I ordered a king size with a retail price of about $4500. Good quality pocket coil quilted with silk/wool, cotton and latex foam. I also got a topper made of similar material for a little more padding.

I got the mattress into the house and it looked great. Felt great when I laid down for a little test rest. Unfortunately after 2 nights the topper was completely packed so I took that off and it only took 10 days more for the mattress to follow suit.

Turns out that not only did I find that the mattress wasn't any cooler than the latex we already sell, the wool/silk and cotton pack extremely quickly.

At the end of the simpler is still better and cheaper.